Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day

His early morning attitude, you have to drag him out of bed




Only Frosted Flakes will do, yeah he gets that from me.


His curly hair and his knobby knees, the way the sunlight brings those freckles out



Talkin talk, never misses a beat - yeah he gets that from me



He looks at me with his big blue eyes, he's got me in the palm of his hand - it's like you're here again


He smiles that crooked little smile, no denying he's your child - without him I don't know what I'd do.
He gets that from you.



He melts my heart and tells me he loves me everyday.



He cracks a joke at the perfect time, makes me laugh when I wanna cry.


That boy is everything to me. He gets that from you.


Last night I heard him pray - Lord help me and Mama make it through.


Make sure Daddy knows that we're okay. He said he sure misses you.


He gets that from me.


No comments: