Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Change is in the Air

We have been a little bit busy.

Grandma and Grandpa Tennant came to town and helped us move over Memorial Day weekend. The whole process went  very smoothly and amazingly fast. Grandma and Grandpa Deiker helped us a whole lot the week before so that was part of it, but boy when my Mama gets a plan in her head she just gets right to it.

We have so much space! Aiden loves having his own room and I love organizing it! More pictures and IKEA greatness to come :)

In the meantime, here are a couple cute pictures of us enjoying at least one day out of the holiday weekend.


Aiden and Daddy enjoying an Otter Pop!


Aiden being about as cool as anyone can get


Me and the Bubs 


It wouldn't be Memorial Day with out a marshmallow! We haven't had s'mores yet but hopefully things will settle down soon and we can get that pushed up on our priority list!

Anyway, besides moving over the long weekend, Randalicious and I kicked my car shopping into high gear hoping to get a new car before my tags expired.

Also, Frank, who I suspect knows he is being replaced, has been a real pain in my ass. One day last week I only had to jump start once, that was considered a good day. On the bright side, jump starting my car everywhere I went like a total bad ass made me feel incredibly awesome.

But not as awesome as I feels sitting high up in my graduation present:


It doesn't have a name yet but it's going to need two - one for the car and one for the bossy b*tch living in the radio!


So we have been working hard putting together all of our fun IKEA stuff and cleaning out boxes and settling in, really just working hard to make our new house a home. It felt awesome this weekend to take a break and take in a Rockies game with my pals.




When I got home on Sunday night - I found a surprise in Aiden's room...




A fort!
It was pretty cute. Steve was watching Aiden so I could go to the game and when I came home, they were camping and fishing in his room!!

Even more fun, we spent a little time in the new pool testing out Aiden's sea legs.

Of course that didn't wear him out enough to go right to bed, and of course he was up late on his last night before going to Summer Camp :)

This is also a big transition for us. He has been doing so well potty training that he will be moving to the older 3's class soon, new kids, new teachers, etc. But before that happens, he has Vacation Bible School in the morning which consists of very different structure and a much smaller group of kids. He really wasn't too sure about it after the first day but low and behold when it was time to go home today, he wanted to stay!




No comments: