Friday, January 14, 2011

A disturbing morning for one warm and cozy girl

When I got to the office this morning, I went through my usual routine...water Dexter and Harrison (my plants), check my facebook (my friend Tim from highschool tagged me in a photo as a "fierce tranny" - compliment?), did the filing that I forgot the night before, answered urgent emails (there was a whole conversation between a salesperson and a client that I was cc'd on which had nothing to do with me - thanks for that) and then I went to Yahoo to get my daily news, where I found this article...

What the Guys Think of Your Fashion....

Designer Sweats - they're a don't because words on your ass are tacky. I agree, however, one guy commented that "Pink" across your ass sends the wrong message...hate to break it to you guys but it is literally the name of the brand by one of YOUR favorite places for us to shop! It's okay for us to go to Victoria's Secret for something sexy for you that only gets worn about 15 minutes but if we pick something up that is reasonably priced, comfortable for hours, doubles as work-out wear and is strategically marketing for the company we bought it from...oh God forbid! Sorry dudes, I am keeping my blue sweats that say "University of  Pink" on the thigh and if you don't like it, remind me later that we are boycotting Victoria's Secret ;)

Screen T shirts - Another toss out for guys...that kinda sucks because one of my favorites is a snoopy sweater in which the silly dog is wearing glasses and saying "I only date nerds..." ok I think I just proved the guys' point. But if we have to toss ours you guys shouldn't get away with wearing this crap....

gross.

Leggings - you guys want us to wear these? It took me forever to jump on the band wagon, and even still I only have one or two outfits that I'll do it with...whatever guys...

Ugg boots -- Do I have to throw them away if they're knock offs? And yeah I know they're ugly but let me put it this way...just because you don't know the joy of having your feet wrapped in warm faux fur when it is 10 degrees out doesn't mean we have to suffer - and for those of you that think we shouldn't wear them with skirts....try this...I wear a mini skirt, with leggings and my fuggs (fake uggs) and I don't plan on not doing it anytime soon... :P

Giant Glasses -- Agreed, this is yucky -- but I'm also really concerned with the amount of money the men in my life spend on their eye wear...maybe their glasses aren't tacky but if you're going to drop $100 or more on something, at least in a girl's case you get more product square foot-wise than you do as a dude....

Mini skirts -- did we really need to hear you like them? Don't get me wrong I hate being cold and won't pull one out of the closet until it's 90 degrees plus outside, but when I do it's still for my boyfriend's benefit...we know you like it, and we do it to drive you crazy but it's so cute that you think we needed you're approval on it.

Or anything else for that matter -- sorry guys but this girl dresses for comfort and if you think it's ugly that's fine, but take a good look in the mirror before you tell me to change my outfit again okay? 

No comments: