Tuesday, October 18, 2011

It's the most wonderful time of the year....

I love Halloween. October is when all the scary movies come out. Being scared (while safely in my home and what ever monster is in the box) is a favorite pastime of mine. I crave really good scary books. Even B-rate horror movies do it for me -- don't judge me if I dare say they are my favorite genre.

Anyway, I found out this morning that one of my favorite Stephen King's is coming to TV - mini series style!!


If anyone is as nerdy as I...you will remember that last time this happened (not counting Nightmares & Dreamscapes) was Salem's Lot. Book gave me nightmare's for at least a month and the mini series did it a beautiful justice.


This has me so amped up for Halloween. I even asked my best friend if I could borrow the Salem's Lot mini series to get into the mood. Not that I really need it, because recently watched was 30 Days of Night and Dawn of The Dead...


Hottie Hartnett as a Vampire

Sara Polley fighting off the masses

While zombies are "the in-thing" right now, and I will admit, a personal obsession of mine...they will be around all year round, for years to come. So what I am looking forward to are some seriously chilling ghost stories. Those just don't come along as often.

Which is why I am so looking forward to...


the continued terrifying creepiness that is American Horror Story on FX


Paranormal Activity 3 which will be out in a couple days...

and as soon as I get a free minute I can't wait to catch up on the season 2 premier of Walking Dead


Then to tie me over for a bit, Bucket List Books is slated to read "The Woman In White" by Wilkie Collins for December - highly regarded as the first ever mystery novel.

Awesome sleepless nights ahead :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am not into the Halloween thing as far as costumes and parties, but I am definitely on board with the scary stories and movies/tv! I finally watched the pilot episode of American Horror Story on Hulu this weekend, and it scared the hell out of me even in broad daylight! I'd love to watch it when it's on tv but comcast doesn't air it until 11, which is, sadly, past my bedtime.
It'll be interesting to see what they do with Bag of Bones. I have been unimpressed with a lot of the King miniseries/made for tv movies they've made, and while I loved reading Salem's Lot, Bag of Bones just didn't draw me in and give me the heeby jeebies like I was hoping it would. (I will have to look for the Salem's lot miniseries now, thank you ;)
The Woman in White sounds interesting though. I feel like I've read something about it before, but I'm not sure. Have a sleepless, spooky Halloween!