Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Pillow Talk

"Mommy," said Aiden all snuggled in bed.

"Yes...?" I inquired.

"I like Dave."

"You like Dave?" I repeated.

"Mmmhmm," he thought for a second, "And B. I like B."

"Oh that's good," I said, "I like them too, but I bet they are sleeping, why don't we go to sleep?"

"Okay." And then he got really quiet for a minute before, "Mommy?"

"Yes Aiden."

"I like Grandpa's house," he said matter-of-factly.

"I supposed that's good," I told him, "I like Grandpa's house too."

"Grandpa sleeping?" he asked.

"Yep." I lied.

"Oh," he paused, "Mommy, I like Sam."

"I think Sam likes you too Honey, now close your eyes."

"I like witch," he responded.

"You like the witch?" I asked, puzzled.

"Yep, and I like beach," he replied.

"I'm glad you like the beach, the beach is fun, huh?"

"I like frogs too."

And then he went to sleep.




No comments: