Wednesday, December 7, 2011

A Love Like That

Today, I asked my sister to tell me some things about her boyfriend. I have hung out with him a lot, shared many giggles and love how happy he makes her. But I just don't know enough to get a good, non-gag gift for him for Christmas.

When she responded back to me with a list of things to know about him, I laughed at first -- it's funny the things we notice about people and find important. It was truly touching.

And whenever I go to his facebook wall to make a joke about/at him, I see that they are sharing inside jokes of their own that come from tv commercials or funny youtube videos. In my mind's eye, I can see the two of them sitting on the couch together at night, laughing and talking and connecting.

I want that. I am so inspired by the journey my sister has taken to become a happy person and it makes me want to put everything I have into doing the same.

No comments: