Friday, August 26, 2011

In Her Shoes

Is an awesome movie, if you are a girl. With a sister. And it's complicated. And you really like shoes.

I find as my sister and I get older, that our bond grows stronger and stronger. We have definitely not always been on the same page. In fact it is very fair to say we have taken drastically different life paths, but I think that was always sort of to be expected.

In my few years as a parent, I think I have matured greatly, and I think my sister recognizes it and can maybe even appreciate it, she can probably even take a little credit for it. However, I am just as much a child as I have always been, and I love to laugh. I particularly love to make my sister laugh. There is something very rewarding in seeing her smile (because between us, she gets a little stressed sometimes).

Anyway, what does this all have to do with In Her Shoes?? Well there is a line in this movie, where Toni Collette (United States of Tara anyone?) says,"When I feel bad I like to treat myself. Clothes never look any good...food just makes me fat...shoes always fit."

So, to handle my stress this week. I went shoe shopping. With my sister.

And boy did we giggle...


This was the first pair I fell in love with, and I think my sister dear thought maybe one pair would do the trick. But I had a bigger picture in mind. As the boxes started stacking up, we continued to giggle.



These suckers were her idea, 4 1/2 inch heel, 2 inch platform. I needed help balancing to  put them on. And after I tried them, I made Bre try them too. We discovered that the platform actually helps you balance - clever strippers have known this secret a long time I suspect.


The doofy things actually kinda grew on me a bit....not to worry, I didn't get them. That would be silly. And this was a serious shoe rampage...



Next, I set my eyes on these sparkly gems. This may sound weird. Especially because they are closed toe heels - but I liked the way my toes looked. So I added them to the pile.

Even though Bre wasn't buying, I got her to try some on too.



After I had these two pairs, I decided I wanted to revisit the idea of spiked heels...I don't have a picture but it was similar to this: 



Don't worry, I talked myself out of it. But while I was checking them out, I found the most magnificent shoe specimen I have ever had the pleasure of trying on...


I have no idea when or if or with what I will ever wear them...but I am in love.

Now, with three boxes and Bre about to pee her pants, I headed to check out. Out the corner of my eye, I saw boots! Boots! How could I not try on boots. I changed course...but alas found no boots I wanted.

As I headed back toward the register for the second time, I let out a big sigh of relief.

"Feel better?" Bre asked.

I smiled. 

I feel good. 

Things are going to be just fine.

Things are also going to be a bit sparkly....

No comments: