Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A New Year for Aiden

Aiden spent New Year's Eve with Grandma and Grandpa Deiker this year, and since I had a relatively uneventful evening I went over fairly early to get him on New Year's Day.

He was napping when I got there, so I got to sit and chat with Dottie Deiker (Aiden's Great Grandma) about her New Year's superstitions. Turns out it is good luck to wear something new and to eat creamed herring.

First of all, I have never had creamed herring before, and unless I have a particularly lucky year, I won't be doing so again - Yuck! But trying never hurts right?

And the topic of wearing something new worked it's way back into discussion at dinner hilariously when someone suggested I wear new underwear...to which I said, "You mean clean? Because I do that everyday and no good really ever came of it..."

Anyway, Aiden played with Papa Deiker's Christmas choo-choo set for most of the afternoon.



The Carousel was a Christmas/Birthday gift to him from Dottie.

 
He really likes working the remote.


And he also investigated all small dark spaces with Papa Deiker and Papa Deiker's head lamp - so cute.

Happy New Year!

No comments: