Friday, May 6, 2011

My Summer Vacation by Brittany C.


Instead of voraciously reading with my small summer vacation, I am working on a special project.

Steve made me a bookshelf for my birthday, because he is so handy. The best part of the gift is that I get to paint it!! I haven't painted since Christmas so I am getting it all out right now.


I have lots of ideas so the finished product will be a surprise to you and me but this is phase one:

I wanted a bookshelf that would fit in a corner. Obviously books won't squeeze together where the shelf makes a "V" but I wanted to use this space for photo frames and knick knacks - make them honorary book ends.
Unfortunately, a corner bookshelf won't fit through a door or down a hall. So, that handy dandy Steve made it two pieces that come a part and back together.
Thank goodness for super absorbent wood because I'm not sure what the paint design will be yet. So while I pondered this last night, I got to cover the shelf and all its pieces in primer. It took about 2 and a half hours and I think I came up with some good ideas.

Here is my blank canvas:
Stand by for phase 3 :)

No comments: